Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Feedback

Hi everyone,

We noticed that we had a great response initially to Kazapalooza, but now that we have started discussing registration we have noticed a very slow response.

So we were hoping you could tell us why. Is it that the event is still so far away that you don't want to commit just yet?

Is it the price? Hotel? Registration fee? Or any other reason you may have.

We are looking at other options for hotels. Chicago is an expensive city, so $199 is a great deal to be close to everything, however we are looking at possibly finding a hotel more in the suburbs where there might not be as much to do, but we can still be together for a cheaper rate.

We look forward to your feedback.

Thanks.

16 comments:

mason's mom said...

I was wondering the same thing--maybe it is because June is so far off. I think that we should stay in the city though. It's easier to go back and rest if the kids get tired/cranky.

Kim said...

I was thinking of attending but the cost has us out. We are doing an expensive vacation in July for my parents 50th anniversary. It is just too close to the same time to spend so much for us.

Karen said...

The reason why we haven't signed up yet is because we're not sure when we'll be traveling to Kazakhstan. Once we know more then we can commit to the event. Also downtown seems more convenient to get around. Hopefully the hotel has an airport shuttle. If we were in the burbs then we'd have to rent a car.

Karen said...

The reason why we haven't signed up yet is because we're not sure when we'll be traveling to Kazakhstan. Once we know more then we can commit to the event. Also downtown seems more convenient to get around. Hopefully the hotel has an airport shuttle. If we were in the burbs then we'd have to rent a car.

Chrissy and Russell said...

We were thinking of attending, but we're not sure we'll be ready to travel yet with our kiddo. (We're hoping for our first trip to Kaz to happen in December.) Also, we're still freaking out a bit at the size of the check we'll have to write for our final adoption fees, so the cost of the hotel, travel, meals, etc. in June feels a bit high to us right now. Still contemplating, though...

Jen & Marshall said...

We absolutely LOVE this idea...but, Chrissy & Russell expressed our exact reasons. If we can swing it financially once we are home with baby (hard to even imagine at this point) and it seems ok for the baby etc., then we'll do it - joyfully. However, we've already discussed doing it the next year and planning for it financially etc. - that would give our family time to settle in and then regroup in lots of ways.

- Jen & Marshall

Ginger DuBose said...

We're still coming....Quite honestly, I just haven't had the 10 minutes it takes to sit down and register. :) It's bath time now so I'm hoping to get registered later tonight or this weekend.
However, I think people haven't registered yet because they feel like they have plenty of time.
But...count us in!

Ginger
(Mom to Katherine - 4 years old!)

Sharon and Rob said...

We too might be interested in attending, but agree with Chrissy and Russell, and Jen and Marshall, We have not yet traveled to Kaz. When it gets closer, we'll have a better idea, so if its not too late, maybe we will join you.

Susan said...

Ditto what other have said. My dossier is NOT EVEN in the country yet-having just rec'd my I-171H last week. So, I have no idea when we'll go. We could possibly not even go until March or April-then we would barely be home and that's too early to travel to Chi town.

I would love to go-but there is just too much unknown when we don't have a travel date.

I love the idea, and If I had my Kaz baby now-I would be signed up already.

Matthew and Suzanne said...

Another ditto here - we dont' have our LOI and we said we'd agree to go to Astana or a 3-month in country region if they had siblings for us. Our dossiers been with the MoE for 3 weeks now and I cant imagine that we'd still be gone in June. But I'd rather be home first, and then register incase there are any delays or issues.

A 5 time mom said...

We have not registered yet due to figuring out if my husband will be out of town that particular week for teen camp that he usually helps counsel or direct and it usually that weekend...otherwise, we want to be there for sure. Trying to narrow that down before making the financial commitment.

kitzkazventure said...

Hi, We are definitely looking into our schedules, finances, and stuff to come. I was waiting closer to the Nov 1 deadline just for more time to see how are lives are progressing. With a new 3 year old things are ever changing and I just had to spend $75 to cancel a flight for something that I planned fairly far in advance and I am a bit gun shy but we will make sure and get the info out by the deadline! Also, I think staying near the fun stuff is a great idea....it is never fun to have to drive too much in Chicago and the parking fees...ugh! :) Thanks again for doing all of this planning! Karen Kitzman

Kelly and Snehal said...

We don't know when we'll be traveling to Kaz next year (according to my schedule it should be Feb/March/April time frame - but we know how that goes!) and whether it will be too soon to travel as we will be just returning from Kaz and can't anticipate adjustment issues. So we may not know until a month or so beforehand. Also, "grandma and grandpa" live close to Chicago so if we can come we will probably stay with them and then drive downtown for the day/evening. I hope that will work out and you all will be able to add some last minute (well, we should have at least 30 days notice) people to the activities. If not, we'll probably have to catch the 2008 event.

Mark, Stacye, Lainey & Andrew said...

We're still planning on coming - we will get registered before 11/1. We like to wait to the last minute :)

Christel, Jerry & Alex said...

We hope to come if we are not in Kaz again next summer. :) However... it will be a while before we know that!! ha!
:)
Christel

Ashlee said...

We're registered! Can't wait to see everyone.