Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Come on...baby don't you want to go...sweet home Chicago!

How do you like the music? I hope it inspires you all to come. I have gotten a few questions so I will answer them here. The main question is about waiting families. First off, we really want you to come! We do need to have a budget to work with and an idea of who will be coming so we really need you all to register. I know that money is tight and you all are uncertain about when you will be back but we can refund the registration fee for waiting families if you let us know 45 days in advance. This gives us enough time to do some quick re-arranging. If you are worried you will not know 45 days prior to the weekend then please remember that ALL extra funds will be going to a charity that helps Kazakh orphans. We already have a few charities in mind and are always willing to look at any suggestions. Of course we will provide a complete accounting to anyone who asks.

As far as the hotel, I am working on a better deal with another hotel and I am expecting the rooms to be less. I should know if we will be switching hotels in a few weeks. I want to check the place out myself and look at the rooms. Anyway, any hotel we go with you would book under our group "blocked" rate and would be able to get a full refund if cancelled within 72 hours so that should not be an issue.

Please know that we understand your positions and are doing everything we can to ensure you are included and feel comfortable.

After attending Guatoberfest I realized how much planning these events take and we really need to start as soon as possible and a lot of the planning hinges on our budget.

I have to say again, we are really excited to meet all of you and celebrate our gorgeous children and the gift of adoption. I leave you with this poem:

The Gift of Life
I didn't give you the gift of life,
But in my heart I know
The love I feel is deep and real,
As if it had been so.

For us to have each other
Is like a dream come true!
I didn't give you the gift of life,
Life gave me the gift of you.

1 comment:

Thad and Ann said...

oh, I can totally understand you guys wanting to get the ball rolling, time goes by so fast. I can't wait to meet everyone. And its fine to have us on the sidebar. :)
Ann